What is too much flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can too much flow cause stress on fish and lead them to death?

75G

At each end of the tank towards the top I have (2) koralia #4 pumps pointing in each direction plus the return from the HOB skimmer.

Could this be too much flow?

I have a Koralia 3 that is not being used at the moment.

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking it. I have a 29 gallon with 2 koralia 750's and they seem ok but.....I'll let the people in the know chime in.

I have the same thing and do think sometimes the flow is a bit too much I'm
Still having a hard time figuring what is the best place to place the power heads.
What direction is your powerheads going towards?

My powerheads are pointing towards each other!

The mushrooms sittong on the bottom of the tank seam to enjoy the flow! They open up really big!

But can too much flow stress a fish causing it to get sick and die?

Attachments

• pw.JPG
    pw.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 86
I think so fishes like the flow.
I know my clownfishes swim against the flow and love it.
I guessing a fish doesnt like it it just won't go there...

well when I had the 3 fish in the tank they would only stay at the bottom.

i only have 1 fish left but after turning off one of the powerheads he is swimming all over the tank. :S

I was told the face the power heads to each other .. This way it creates a turbulence effect... Seems to be working fine.. Good flow throughout the tank... The fish swim everywhere n like it .. So do the corals..

Diablito

I was told the face the power heads to each other .. This way it creates a turbulence effect... Seems to be working fine.. Good flow throughout the tank... The fish swim everywhere n like it .. So do the corals..

Diablito

You were told right. Chaotic flow is always best.

to much flow is when the fish are pinned to the glass, besides that there isn't, the fish will strengthen their fins and swim through the flow.

i have 2 korallia evolution 550s pointed at eachother in my bow front 26 gallon

Back
Top Bottom