What to buy??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear85

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am just about done cycling my tank, what are some suggestions of livestock that are a must have ? Should I build my cleaning crew before I buy fish? Any suggestions would be awesome !

image-1222250821.jpg

There's really no need for a clean up crew until they have something to clean up . Are you planning on adding corals and fish ?

Other good beginner coral are mushrooms hammers zoos . Depends on your lighting also .

You should be good on the lightning , I had good luck with some branching hammers and a few zoos while I got my routine down. I would suggest holding back on buying those expensive pieces for the first six months at least .

If I was stocking a 90 gallon it would look like this

A) pair of Wyoming clownfish
B) one yellow OR purple tang (more aggressive though and $$$$)
C) 5-7 green Chromis

If I was stocking a 90 gallon it would look like this

A) pair of Wyoming clownfish
B) one yellow OR purple tang (more aggressive though and $$$$)
C) 5-7 green Chromis

I would not put a purple tang in a 90. Needs a larger tank.

Keep your eye on the gsp. It'll spread very fast. Good luck with stocking the tank. Remember to take it slow and be patient.

To the OP, I would certainly focus on buying fish adding 1-2 of them at a time at least one week apart. By the time you are done stocking fish you should be ready for corals.

It's not about aggression but with how big they get.
Not as big as you imagine. But then again based on your other posts you are very conservative when it comes to stocking.
From BlueZooAquatics
". Like most members of the genus, they feed nearly continuously on both micro- and macroalgae. Large adults may reach 22 cm in the wild, but most are half that size."

It's not about aggression but with how big they get.

VividAquariums: "Purple Tangs tend to be extra aggressive towards conspecifics"
BlueZoo Description:
Scientific Name Zebrasoma xanthurum
Disposition Aggressive

So I guess it is about aggression isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom