Who uses auto top off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering who uses A water top off system? I just recently purchased the Kent Marine float valve kit to use in my sump that I fill from my RO/DI. When I opened it up, it says not for maintaining aquariums or sumps. It is for maintaining an isolated container. Is that not what an aquarium is? Is that just a disclaimer so they are not responsible for any aquarium problems?

I am thinking this is what I need. I have 150 gallon and it is a pain to always turn on the RO and then more importantly remember to turn it off. Someone please let me know if I should still use this?

Thanks

I can’t see why you couldn’t use it on a sump personally and feel it’s probably more just as a disclaimer to keep them from being liable. Does your unit do 24 gpd & 50 gpd?

It states on most sites that ro units that do 100+ gpd should not be used and that 25-50 gpd is fine. Yours should be fine as well since the gpd on most units is highly exaggerated and depends greatly on water pressure.

I think it’s more designed to just fill up a bucket, trashcan, or other source with ro water to be used later on but I honestly can’t see why they would not recommend it for top off as well.

Back
Top Bottom