180 gal. Ready to fill, have ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirl4124

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there
Got a 180 gal tanks that was saltwater setup. Ithe was horribly corroded and I amust doing freshwater, so I took the corroded overflow tanks, 3 small, off and capped the holes. I cleaned the tanks with vinegar water and set up a fluval rx underneath and put the canopy back on..now I'm ready for the next step.

Put want ever substrate in and fill it to start the cycle. You need to cycle the tank and there is a great article with sep by step instructions on this forum. While that is going on, figure out what you intend to house in the tank and build your aquascaping, rocks, driftwood what ever. You also need to decide on a filter before you start cycling. Depending on what you house will dictate what you need. On big tanks filter overkill is the rule.

Tell us your stocking ideas and we can help you with filters and anything else.

180 gal startup

It's a fluval fx6 says it filters up to 400 gal. I run a small pond in the summer on my garden. I was just going to set it up to house them in the winter, but after seeing some beautiful freshwater fish, I've changed my mind. Will need to know what fish tolerate each other in guess.

Back
Top Bottom