20L has been upgraded to a 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of the stems in my tank are literally 3'x2'. It's a shame to cut them up.

Maybe not so difficult, in hindsight, but it started as two insignificant stems in the back corner of my tank. For months there was barely any growth. I thought is was going to die. And then it took off and I shared it. I then got rid of the last of it.
I think it is a great plant in an appropriately size tank. Not in a 20g long (too shallow).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For sure, I could see it in a 36-48" deep tank with a front to back measurement of like 3'. Imagine having 12" for foreground, midground, and background plants! Oh the possibilities

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've uprooted most things. The fish are excited about having space to swim again. Most of the plants are still floating, I'll be getting them settled back in.

Haven't had much opportunity to see these guys. They've gotten huge since I got them a few weeks ago!

Synchronized wandering across the glass.

Nice snail race.
It's refreshing to trim things up once in awhile. Less crowding means more light for the other plants.

Saw one of the otos might be carrying. She's fatfat, all bulgy on the sides. Was going to do some much needed trimming and stuff... Nah. I'm going to let it stay until that's all sorted out however it's going to go.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had one. She was so frustrated. All the boys were different Otocinclus species. Similar, but different.
ac67fd5672f78c6ab4aeac7bf97fead6.jpg

One day she was slimmer, but never saw eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't expect any breeding, tbh. If anyone does scatter eggs, I assume they'll be eaten. Still interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Found a tiny CPD in the school, seems to be a lone survivor of a successful pairing. Have not seen a new oto or ember tetra pop up yet. Go that little guy!

Back
Top Bottom