65 Gallon with 2 Angels... Tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thinking of getting a 65 gal sometime in the next year. I have knowledge on small tanks, but not any this big. What can I add with this, IF ANYTHING:
-2 Angelfish
-2 Pearl Gouramis
-5 Pygmy Cories
-8 Rummynose Tetras

Maybe an algae eater and some others? Help!

I have 2 angels. Their tank mates are

(2)Plecos
(1)Chinese algae eater
(1)Black ghost knife fish
(2)Dwarf gourami
(2)Tiger Barbs
(2)Black skirt tetras
(2)Cory Catfish
(1)African butterfly

All have been together for 8 months and no problems :)

I see no problem with that stocking arrangement, although the rummy nose tetras may start to nip at the angels, but I doubt that you'll have a problem because of the size of the school. With my angels I have a variety of fish including a male betta, platys, mollies, bala shark, harlequin rasboras, and many more.

I see no problem with that stocking arrangement, although the rummy nose tetras may start to nip at the angels, but I doubt that you'll have a problem because of the size of the school. With my angels I have a variety of fish including a male betta, platys, mollies, bala shark, harlequin rasboras, and many more.

Rummynose tetras are generally pretty tranquil. Most people keep them with angelfish, no problem.

You could definitely expand the rummy school (to 12 or so) and maybe add another school - furcata rainbowfish or cardinal tetras would be very cool. Also, pygmy corys are very small, you could easily have 10-12 in a 65g.

yup - 2 schools of 12 or so and a large shoal of pygmies should be fine. It's not always a bad thing to be a bit gun-shy about stocking though, much better than thinking you can overdo it :)

I'm thinking: 2 angels, 2 pearl gouramis, 12 pygmy cories, 12 rummynose tetra, and 9 furcata rainbowfish. Aqadvisor said it'll be 99% full, but I know they're not the most reliable source at times. Excited.

Probably using a Tetra EX70 and a Tetra 10-30i filter. This is because a Tetra EX70 won't cut it as far as I know. I'm hoping to keep it was 76 or 77 degrees.

I'm thinking: 2 angels, 2 pearl gouramis, 12 pygmy cories, 12 rummynose tetra, and 9 furcata rainbowfish. Aqadvisor said it'll be 99% full, but I know they're not the most reliable source at times. Excited.

I think that stock would be fine :)

Probably using a Tetra EX70 and a Tetra 10-30i filter. This is because a Tetra EX70 won't cut it as far as I know. I'm hoping to keep it was 76 or 77 degrees.

The ex70 is borderline enough. If you haven't bought any filters yet, I would just get a quality HOB like an aquaclear, and eliminate the need for additional filters. An aquaclear 110 would be excellent for this size tank.

Ok... it'll be within a year, maybe 3 at max till I can afford this tank (I'm 13, no job)

I know how you feel - tanks aren't cheap! Search around on your local craigslist or classifieds, though - most times you will eventually find a deal that really beats buying the tank and equipment new. I got both my 29 and 55 off my local classifieds.

Yeah, I mean, I get only around $25 for Christmas, and $25 for b-day... I've been trying to find jobs. Hoping a Petsmart will hire me at 15 or 16 if I convince them I have lots of pet knowledge or Pet"Smart"s :p Then I must buy a stand and rearrange my room. Other than this, getting a tank of me and my mom's faves. A 20 gallon with 4 platy, 4 guppies, 6 glo fish, 5 pygmy cories, and maybe 2 or 3 dwarf mollies... but I think that might be overstocked. Might get a 10 with 2 guppies, 2 platies, 5 glo fish instead... unsure...

Ok... it'll be within a year, maybe 3 at max till I can afford this tank (I'm 13, no job)
lol, I thought I was the only teen who was into fish. I'm 14. Hoping to get a job at petsmart too. or walmart, so I can take care of there atrocious tanks. I started out with a 1 gallon too. Then a 10 gallon. Then a 20. Then my sisters friends dad gave me his old 75 gallon tank that had a python or some type of snake I can't remember in there. Now it's used for my favorite fish. Rasboras, betta, angelfish, cories, mollies, platies, bala shark, and who could forget plecos. lol

Back
Top Bottom