Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-06-2020, 06:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question Advice on new tank setup

Hi All

I have a tall 55 Gallon tank with sand substrate, spider wood and moderately planted. Running a Fluval 407 turning over 6-7 times. Currently just starting the cycling but gathering info for its future inhabitants. I would appreciate your thoughts on the following planned stock

3 Pearl Gouramis (1male/2 female)
15 Tetras (Possibly Runnynose)
8 Danios (Either Leopard or Zebra)
8 Harlequin Rasboras
8 Barbs (Cherry or Odessa)
8 Panda Corydoras
50 fish in total

I am fairly new to fish keeping so excuse if this is not the best list. I would appreciate your thoughts and adjustments to sort any issues now rather than later.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Old 09-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I suggest not doing the Rummy nose Tetra or the Panda Cory they are imo not good starter species.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Best to make sure all those fish prefer the same temperature of water, and PH.

One fish might like 70 degree water, and another might like 80. Same with PH. It's best to keep PH around 7. Also make sure one fish isn't going to eat the other, or nip it's fins.

Tetra will nip betta fins, and likely guppys, and Angelfish. Guppys can also be fin nippers.

Tags
advice, new tank, new tank setup, setup, tan, tank, tank setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com