AQUARIUM log of a newbie... with questions of course

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing mean at all. LOL It's a long withstanding joke of JC's. He first introduced us to Dr. Ivana about a year ago. She's an AA favorite.

By the values you just posted, something is VERY good. You are CYCLED! I wouldn't do any water changes until your Nitrates get a little higher. And don't clean the filter or gravel vac too deeply. I'd wait about a month before doing deep cleaning. It appears that the Bio-Spira has done it's thing! Congrats!

You can add more fish now if you want. Just add a few at a time and check your levels for any sign of a mini cycle.

guess id be giving it a week or two.. just in case im really color blind.. and also see if my values are constant.. .

whats up with my water values?

ammonia: 0 nitrite: 0 nitrate: 0 ?

is this possible? readings confirmed by LFS... help!

nope did not do anything... till today. decided to do 25% pwc. and oh btw, still had the same values prior to pwc..

whats up with my tank?

just noticed yellow colored thingys growing on my decor... are these algae? what i should i do to get rid of it?

i see some catfish (?) on display at petsmart. i hear they are algae eaters. would i be able to put in this fish on my tank?

also, come this saturday, i plan to add some more fish (i have 6 african cichlids right now) any suggestions as to how many and what i can get?

this is what i have right now: (my thanks to fishyfanatic for id'ing my fish for me)

1 Kenyi
1 Yellow Lab
1 Socolofi
1 Socolofi Albino
1 South American
1 Peacock

water parameters:

pH:8.2, ammonia:0 nitrite:0 nitrate:0

what bothers me is that i just put in 4 more fish and my parameters are still ok... wonder if this just right. but just to make sure ill have my water checked at lfs.

additional 4 are:

big lipped cichlid
bumblebee
one catfish (think its a pleto. .something)
one with horizontal black lines on it.

I would definately have it checked by the lfs. The readings do not look accurate.

The one wih horizontal lines, is it yellow, black, and white?

Back
Top Bottom