Betta Fish and Red claw crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MagikarpKeeper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I recently set up a 2.5 gallon tank with 1 betta and one red claw crab in it (the tank also has a rock, an air pump and a few live plants) I dont have a filter yet but im hopefully getting one soon.

I have been recently reading around on here and it says that these two aren't a good pair. I question this because mine seem to do fine together they have stared at eachother close up and dont seem to have any aggressive intentions. Is there any chance these 2 could do fine together?

Also the tank I have is fresh water, it may have a little salt because I got some of the water out of my grand fathers fish tank and im pretty sure he uses a little salt in there. Should I change the tank to "brackish" because I have heard that bettas can thrive in brackish water aswell.

Also I dont have any solid land objects for the crab (exept for him being able to climb to the top of the plants). Should I add some driftwood or something for land, I have heard they dont need it

Any help is appreciated!!!

Hello, welcome to the forum :)

I did a search on this through the forum and wasn't quite seeing it working. I have only kept crayfish but did find they would target fish if they could get them.

Now im seeing rips in the bettas fins and what seems to be tail rot and I have no place to put the crab :( I guess I'll try to get some melafix or somethimg

Back
Top Bottom