Bummed out fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

potatohead

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and relatively new to fish keeping. I've kept my current fish (1 guppy and 2 platies......I know....I'm so wild) alive for about a year in a 40 litre (10 gallon) tank but they are looking so bored.
I did have more guppies but they kept jumping out even though there is a lid on and I had another platy but he had to go back to the shop as he was bullying everyone else.

So I was wondering, in this size tank would it be unreasonable to have:

2 platies (the originals)
2 guppies (1 original and 1 new one)
5 neon tetras
2 dwarf Cory cats

Is that enough to keep everyone happy whilst also not overcrowding? Could I get away with more?

Thanks very much!

Nothing wrong with the stocking at all, just make sure you have good filtration. You could probobly fit a few extra little things in there like a bumblebee goby or something.

I'd skip the neons and go for more cories. Either than or check out nano fish lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great! Thank you both - I've had conflicting advice before so this has really helped.
Plus, how do people feel about ordering fish online? I keep seeing the adverts pop up but never tried it - I'm in the UK.

Actually that's something I've never tried before, but I trust live aquaria and they have a decent enough selection. Also I wouldn't order in the cold months.

Back
Top Bottom