Can these fish can go together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoppingtetra30

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a new 75 gallon, fairly heavily planted tank, and now Im considering some fish!

There are a few types I know I want and I just want to make sure they will be ok together. I would like to get Angels, Boesemani Rainbows, Blue Harlequin Rasboras, and an Albino Bushy Nose Pleco. Im not sure how many of each I should get to make them comfortable...

Would these be ok together? And what else would be happy in this tank with these mates? I like fish with lots of color.

Also, from what Ive read Ideal temperature really seems to range for these fish, is there a common temp that is generally thought as best? Right now my tank is sitting at about 76 Fahrenheit.

Your fish are all compatible. My only comments:

Just one angelfish, because if they pair there will be hell in your fish tank

At least 6 of each schooling fish (the rainbows and rasboras); more is always better.

Just one pleco, or one of each gender (they may spawn).

I would keep the tank at 78 degrees; it's arguably the ideal temperature for nearly all tropical fish.

Other fish you could have in there: Any kind of tetra (besides the smaller ones like neons), corydoras catfish, any of the medium sized loaches (angelicus, yoyo, zebra).

Thanks for the input!

If I decided I wanted more Angels what sort of fallout could I expect? Would the other fish not be safe in there?

Thanks for the input!

If I decided I wanted more Angels what sort of fallout could I expect? Would the other fish not be safe in there?

If the angels pair off and spawn, they'll become incredibly nasty towards every other fish in the tank. I'm no expert but in general you can't keep anything with spawning angelfish.

If the angels pair off and spawn, they'll become incredibly nasty towards every other fish in the tank. I'm no expert but in general you can't keep anything with spawning angelfish.

Well you can... But... It will be some very unhappy other fish because remember Angels are cichlids. They get very territorial when mature and breeding.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Well you can... But... It will be some very unhappy other fish because remember Angels are cichlids. They get very territorial when mature and breeding.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It's like mixing peacocks and mbunas- you can do it but it's probably going to end badly unless you have a REALLY good idea what you're doing.

Alrighty, Im convinced, its a no no :).

But one is ok? It wont be aggressive towards the other fish or unhappy by itself?

Alrighty, Im convinced, its a no no :).

But one is ok? It wont be aggressive towards the other fish or unhappy by itself?

We have a lone angelfish and he's plenty happy to have just human company :) They're full of personality and very affectionate as far as fish go.

Back
Top Bottom