Carnival Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Supovitz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The girlfriend and I won a carnival goldfish about two months ago. I'm proud we managed to keep him alive for this long... but sad to say he's on the way out... Unless somebody has some advice.

Woke up this morning to find the little guy limp, on his side, and curled up on the bottom of the tank. I thought he was gone but he has bursts of activity, small circles before he tires out.

We never cycled the tank (learning bundles already) but knew enough to not throw him in a glass bowl.

10 gallon tank, filter, bubbler, 5 or 6 algae balls.

1. Anything we can do? (We already did the beginners mistake by scrubbing the entire tank clean, washing away the tinyest bit of algae that managed to grow in the corner, washed the gravel, and soaked the filter.... 4 things I now know was very very dumb)

2. If there isn't anything we can do, how can we use this as a beneficial starting point to a new tank?

Any help is appreciated

The girlfriend and I won a carnival goldfish about two months ago. I'm proud we managed to keep him alive for this long... but sad to say he's on the way out... Unless somebody has some advice.

Woke up this morning to find the little guy limp, on his side, and curled up on the bottom of the tank. I thought he was gone but he has bursts of activity, small circles before he tires out.

We never cycled the tank (learning bundles already) but knew enough to not throw him in a glass bowl.

10 gallon tank, filter, bubbler, 5 or 6 algae balls.

1. Anything we can do? (We already did the beginners mistake by scrubbing the entire tank clean, washing away the tinyest bit of algae that managed to grow in the corner, washed the gravel, and soaked the filter.... 4 things I now know was very very dumb)

2. If there isn't anything we can do, how can we use this as a beneficial starting point to a new tank?

Any help is appreciated

A liquid test kit will help you determine the problem. In the meantime just do daily 50% water changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom