cloudy water fish tank cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishfishman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i start doing a fishless cycle with flakes my water is now cloudy im just wondering does anyone know when this will clear im not even sure if the cycle is done i was using fish flakes the ammonia level went to 0.50ppm and my nitrite levels went to 0.25ppm then i saw nitrates does this mean my tank is cycled i also did a 90% water change because the water was so bad it cleared but the morning after it was cloud again i tested for nitrates this morning there were about 10ppm ammonia was 0ppm nitrites 0ppm does this mean its cycled im new to this kind of confused

Sounds like it could be bacterial bloom in the water column. That will go away after a while. But it could also be the flakes polluting the water. Or a combination of both.

The readings do look positive but difficult to confirm as I never cycled a tank using flakes.

If it was my tank I would start stocking very lightly and monitor how things go. Take it easy on the feedings though.

Back
Top Bottom