Cycle: Ammonia Not Dropping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjsmith19

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started my 29g cycle on Apr 8th by adding ammonia until it got to 5, some pH down and trace fish food. My readings last night were ammonia at 3, but nitrite and nitrate are 0. At times Ni and Na went up but have come back down to zero. Is it normal that my cycle is taking this long? I have tried to follow the guide on here to a t, but appears I may have missed something...or lack patience!

I have had my tank setup since March, and my tank is just now cycling! My ammonia was at 8 for over a month before it recently went straight down to 0 (with the help of prime)! Now I'm just waiting for the nitrogen cycle. My nitrates and nitrites are through the roof! But my fish are fine. I also have 4 filters though. 2 being just a normal filter. And 2 being the hydro 4 pro filters! (highly recommend if your having troubles growing bacteria). So just give it some time.

Patience! It can take some time. If you want to speed things up, you can get some filter media from a healthy cycled tank and add it into your filter.

Back
Top Bottom