Cycling issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigpoppa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I redid mny 20 gal. about 2 weeks ago. Added 3 fish in a week later, and now on its 2nd week, the water is still cloudy.

ammonia is around .25, the color of the liquid is actually lighter than this, there are no nitrites nor nitrates, i would imagine with 3 fish, being fed 3 times a day, i though id see something happening.

water is cloudy, and its cloudiness varies throughout the day.

should i continue waiting or what?

Thanks

Is the cloudiness white? If so it is a bacterial bloom and will go away on it's own. Don't clean your filters out till after you are cycled. What kind of filtration do you have on the tank?

its just a HOB that came iwth the tank, the tank has ran wish before, quite successfully, but scrapped it after neglect of my own.

i dont recall the cycling lasting this long when i started the tank.

also, how long is bacteria alive for if there have been no fish in the tank for about a week (ie the old tank)

Bigpoppa said:
I redid mny 20 gal. about 2 weeks ago. Added 3 fish in a week later, and now on its 2nd week, the water is still cloudy.

ammonia is around .25, the color of the liquid is actually lighter than this, there are no nitrites nor nitrates, i would imagine with 3 fish, being fed 3 times a day, i though id see something happening.

water is cloudy, and its cloudiness varies throughout the day.

should i continue waiting or what?

Thanks

What test are you using to detect ammonia and nitrIte?

Back
Top Bottom