diy co2 mishap - cloudy water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

I changed the water in my 28 gallon today, and also changed the diy co2 mixture in my nutrafin co2 plant system. I got it second hand, so I just put a little bit of yeast, sugar and water to create the co2 bubbles that run up a plastic ladder inside the tank.

Everything was fine until I noticed the once crystal clear water was sort of cloudy! I thought it odd as my tank is very close to being completely cycled and thought a bacterial bloom would be strange. Then I noticed that some of the yeast was somehow coming out of the airline tube and into the tank :(

The water is only slightly cloudy, and none of the fish seem affected. I took out the container and the tubing so nothing else will leech in.

Anything else I can do? How do check valves work?

Did you out your bottle higher or lower than the tank?

I suggest placing the bottle below the water line, so if anything comes up, doesn't get all the way to the tank except gas.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The bottle is held at about the same level as the water, it clips on to the back of the tank.

I can't clip it on mine. I just put it on the floor..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom