Electricity costs of running a 40g breeder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultimatedc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Roughly speaking, how much electricity will this cost me? Id be running a 30-60 gallon filter, an air pump and a 18w light. Obviously the filter and pump would run all day with a 14 hour light cycle. I may also invest in a canister filter. Now that I'm on my im on my ien I'm not to sure I can afford it!

14 hours of light????????? are you starting an algae farm?

I have 7 tanks running righ now, all with at least one filter, a couple with two... all have lights on them for 8 hours a day (one has an 8 bulb T5HO, the others have 2 bulbs each). My electricity bill last month was $82... I've never seen a significant rise in my electricity bill since before I had tanks.

I have 7 tanks running righ now, all with at least one filter, a couple with two... all have lights on them for 8 hours a day (one has an 8 bulb T5HO, the others have 2 bulbs each). My electricity bill last month was $82... I've never seen a significant rise in my electricity bill since before I had tanks.
I agree. I have a 40 running, and I saw no difference in the bill when I started it.

My power company said even a large tank wouldn't cost more than $5 a month to run. I don't think my 75g made much if any difference in our electric bill.

I think growing anything in a tank with that kind of light would be a rough go.

Back
Top Bottom