Filter help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am the sponge guy !
I would rather spend my money on a nice fish or something better then branded rocks !
If my tanks were in way unhealthy I would not say all this or still today be proudly proclaiming 'I am the sponge guy" ! I wash my sponges like they are bio because they are..They get rinsed weekly often in my case.

I often wonder how people can doubt the sponge when almost every single breeder in the world runs their hatcheries on air driven sponges ?
Woo hoo..lol I feel like for first time were on same page..surface area right....

I guess it is surface area..I up the size of filter for volume of tank..It is the surface that it is all about.
Can't be the first time we were on the same page? I think you have been correct before !:ROFLMAO::whistle:
There is always a grain of info in anyones post [if you look hard enough] but for the thread from TPT I was interested in what Diana had to say. I have a couple members like her on my main forum now and those people are irreplaceable..The content of their knowledge is overwhelming..Sometimes it is hard to find knowledge without opinion..I know I have problems with it.:nono:

Ya I was surprised she wasnt more to the point. I spend alot of time there.
Probably some of it has to do with our ages. 30 yrs ago it was cutting edge to throw lava rock or pumice in there. I grew up thinking a sponge was bio. Never touching it during cycle. And then doing what I call a half clean weekly. Its like a look/smell the sponge has when its in good health.

Imo going back to the beginning of aqua clears. The sponge that came with them at the time was the real advancement. I remember looking at it and thinking .....man this things huge lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom