Fish is gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishnoob01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a tiny neon tetra like really tiny but not small enough to be eaten I think. I have 3 other neon tetras and 2 female swordtails plus a rubber lip pleco. I am considering picking up one of my decors and see if he is in there but I don’t want to stir up another cloud in the tank because I have a Sandy substrate. I haven’t seen him for 3 days now I have tried looking through the glass at all angles but can’t see him. Should I do anything or let him show himself on his own.

I would check for a body. If you haven't seen it in 3 days there's a good chance it got eaten or died and is stuck somewhere. However, with a pleco in the tank, there's not much chance of the body remaining for long, it would get eaten pretty quickly.

Ok I’m unplugging an air tube from one of my decors because it’s trapping the bubbles and then releasing them and I assume it’s loud for the fish. So I’ll check when I get back home. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom