Thanks for the feeding advise Reygan2.
When the cycle was finished on Monday morning, I did the 24 hour trial to see if it can go from 4 ppm
ammonia to zero ammonia or nitrites. That was completely successful! On Tuesday morning I did a 90% water change and added fish late that afternoon. Wednesday was a little hectic and I did not test the water. On Thursday morning the ammonia was at 1 PPM
and the nitrites were slightly discolored but not enough to record an amount. I did not do a water change yesterday because I wanted to see what would happen over night. I came in this morning to one dead Chilean male guppy. However, the nitrites are completely gone and the ammonia is .25 PPM
. I will do a 25% water change before leaving school today to help my friends through their first weekend in their new home.
I did not clean the filter.