Fishless Cycle question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BDomanico

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I love this forum

I just started fishless cycling today and am following the thread on the boards "fishless cycling for dummies." They mention we are looking for .5ppm but I am not sure that can be true. I am using the API freshwater master test kit, I added 3 teaspoons of ammonia like stated in the thread and after an hour I read 4.0ppm on the strip. There is a .50 on the card as well but man I am way off if that is where I should be!!! Any thoughts? 29 gallon tank by the way.

Thanks

Brian

that is what I thought, so at this point I do not need to add any more ammonia and I begin the waiting and testing process. Thanks for the help

Brian

Yeah its just good to test ammonia daily, when it drops add more to bring it back up to 4-5ppm.

Your on your way, just be patient and from reading dont expect everything to be linear and follow exactly, sometimes things fluctuate a little and its not exact as far as rising and lowering values from tests.

Back
Top Bottom