Hello Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been lurking on this site for a while now and finally got around to registering. This is a great site for the begnner, as well as the more experienced hobbiest.

25 years ago, I had a real nice 60 gal. tank with 2 Large Tiger Oscars (I had them from 1 inch to adult) and a pleco. I lived in California at the time and then moved back to Michigan. I gave the fish to a friend and since then have been out of the hobby. Most of my kids are raised and I now have more time. I have always had a passion for fish so I decided to get another tank. Am I ever glad I did!! I almost forgot how much enjoyment my fish bring me.

Anyways...Hello to all, I look forward to joining in on some topics.

Yeah, it really is a great hobby, and there is a lot of interesting stuff to modify your tank(s) with as you get more knowledgeable.

Welcome Jackie! We are all here to help. :D Don't be shy to post any and all questions even if you think they may be common sense.

Welcome to AA, Jackie! :D What size tank do you think you'll be getting?

Welcome to the forums Jackie, I have got lots of great advise from this site and I am sure you will to, don't forget to stick your oar into as many threads as possible, always nice to get a fresh opinion!

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. You know, back in the 70's when I had my original tank, knowledge was limited. Either you got direction from your LFS, word of mouth or a book. Now with the internet, all of this knowledge is just a click of the button away. I'm really curious as to what the hobby will evolve into. I believe, it's just going to get better and better. This forum is priceless.

hehe a bit late but I will joing the welcome wagon. Just look at the myths that have been busted with Discus in modern times. The hobby will progress faster and in a positive direction with the ease of transmition of information. Years ago you almost had to be a professor to get your info published. Now you just type your experiences here and a lot of people read them.

Welcom to Aquarium Advice Blue. It's great to see someone getting back into the hobby like you are. I did the same thing a couple of years ago and haven't regretted a moment of it. I too kept fish back in the 70s and had no idea what I was doing (of course I was only about 8 years old at the time). It is truly amazing to see the advances that have taken place in the hobby since then. It is so much more fulfilling being able to find answers to the questions I have and being able to keep my fish so much healthier now. I think you have found the right place to learn. This is a great site :D

Back
Top Bottom