Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sernalex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Panning to move my fish from my 10 gallon to my 20 gallon how do I do it it's been cycled and I tested my water it's great but don't no how to change them without upsetting them or something !!!!

Sernalex said:
Panning to move my fish from my 10 gallon to my 20 gallon how do I do it it's been cycled and I tested my water it's great but don't no how to change them without upsetting them or something !!!!

You should bag 'em up, float them in the new tank for a half hour. Then every five-ten minutes, add a cup if tank water to the bag until the volume doubles. Dump out half and do it again. Then add fish.

Your levels should be 0 ammonia and nitrITES and anywhere from 1-20 ppm nitRATES. did you do a fishless cycle, or add anything like a bacteria starter?

I actually did a fish in cycle I bought starter fish?!?!

Sernalex said:
I actually did a fish in cycle I bought starter fish?!?!

Are the starter fish still alive or dead? How long has the cycle been? Im just making sure it is finished.

Id say if your levels are good (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 1-20 nitrate) then add some fish, the way I mentioned aboveZ

They are still alive???? It's been cycled for 4 weeks now???? And yes perfect readings!!!!!

Sernalex said:
They are still alive???? It's been cycled for 4 weeks now???? And yes perfect readings!!!!!

Have the readings always been good throughout the 4 weeks? Like, was there a nitrite spike, and detectable ammonia? What's your nitrate reading exactly?

Sorry, just want to be exactly sure it's all good so your fish dont die when you add them to their new home. :)

Yes the first week my readings went crazy!!! I thought the fish weren't going to live past the first weeks???

Okay, since it all sounds okay, I'd say its all done and you can add fish!!Just make sure nitrates are below 20 PPM. And everything else is 0.

Back
Top Bottom