Help!! When do nitrites drop and nitrates appear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodgy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all
currently 4 weeks into my fishless cycle and can turn 4ppm of ammonia to 0 within 24 hours no worries , but am having trouble as nitrites are still off the chart

For almost 2 weeks I have only been dosing every 3 days to see if my nitrites( off the chart) will drop and nitrates will rise ( stuck on 5ppm ).

The last 5 days I haven't added any ammonia at all to also see if they would change which they haven't !!!:banghead::banghead:

how long do the nitrite eating bacteria normally take to appear???

Should I keep not adding ammonia to see if they change or just go back to dosing 2ppm every 3 days ???

Any help would be great as this is my first cycle and currently starting to worry !

You need to keep an ammonia source to feed the bacteria growth. Just be patient it will happen soon. Be ready when it does cause It normally goes pretty fast.. good luck

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You need to keep an ammonia source to feed the bacteria growth. Just be patient it will happen soon. Be ready when it does cause It normally goes pretty fast.. good luck

no worries will keep dosing 1-2ppm every 2 to 3 days then ! hopefully see some movement soon :)

If it gets way to high do a big water change to lower the results.

today was the first day nitrates turned up went from 5.0 yesterday to 40ppm today :dance:

does this mean the nitrite eating bacteria is present ?

Back
Top Bottom