Ideas for a 3.3 gallon tank needed! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys! I've got a spare 3.3 acrylic tank lying around that i use to put my fish food, test kit and net in at the minute. :3
it previously held 4 mosquito Rasbora, 2 Nerite snails and a bunch of Red Cherry Shrimp, but the Rasbora hated it and went into hiding and literally disappeared one by one. After i upgraded to a 15 gallon, the RCS And one of the Nerites died. So now I'm wondering what i could do with the old tank? I don't want shrimp this time though. I'd like to try something else. Thanks guys! :D

There really isn't any options other than shrimp for that size tank I don't think. Even nano fish like the mosquito rasboras should be in a minimum 5 gal. It's too small for a Betta too. I think shrimp is your only option I'm afraid.

There are some fish that would work, just not many. Native fish options would include least killifish, pygmy killifish, and pygmy sunfishes. They'd all work well in a 3g tank believe it or not.

I don't see why an ADF wouldn't work, but I have never kept one.

You might could do 2 or 3 ADF's, what are the exact dimensions of the tank? They really appreciate a 5g minimum, but they should be fine in the tank as long as it isn't too tall. Other than ADF's, you could do a cool planted shrimp tank. Granted, I have a female betta in a 2.5g, that is just because I didn't have the money/room for a 5g bettas really enjoy. You might could do a betta, but that isn't your best option.

There are some fish that would work, just not many. Native fish options would include least killifish, pygmy killifish, and pygmy sunfishes. They'd all work well in a 3g tank believe it or not.

I don't see why an ADF wouldn't work, but I have never kept one.

I will make a note of those fish and ask whether they are stocked at my LFS. Thank you. :)

You might could do 2 or 3 ADF's, what are the exact dimensions of the tank? They really appreciate a 5g minimum, but they should be fine in the tank as long as it isn't too tall. Other than ADF's, you could do a cool planted shrimp tank. Granted, I have a female betta in a 2.5g, that is just because I didn't have the money/room for a 5g bettas really enjoy. You might could do a betta, but that isn't your best option.

The dimensions are 12"L 8"W 8"D. I really hope i can get ADF's. I love them so much! :)

That's great news because I'm im in England! :D one of the 3 you mentioned will definitely be a back up plan if the ADF'S dont work out :)

Who says you need fish? I had a 2.5 work aquarium, and a 2.5 cup aquarium plant only. I got some teasing, but I enjoyed it.

You could ask at the Amphibian Care section. Siva is a member here with ADFs and has some good experience and advice. I think ADFs loosely require 1.5-2 gals each per frog and they are social so you'd need a group, so not sure if your tank is too small. I would ask on that forum though.

I did have just plants in this tank the first time around before i got the RCS and i found it boring to be honest. Sorry. :/

Really, siva says you can keep 1 frog per gallon if they are the only tank inhabitants. So, you could keep 3 frogs in you tank, and I think it is very suitable since it is longer than it is deep/wide. ADF's don't reallly have a high bio-load, they are just messy eaters.

Really, siva says you can keep 1 frog per gallon if they are the only tank inhabitants. So, you could keep 3 frogs in you tank, and I think it is very suitable since it is longer than it is deep/wide. ADF's don't reallly have a high bio-load, they are just messy eaters.

I think I'm gonna go for it :3 although it will be when i move house some time near Christmas, either before or after. Not sure yet. I think i will play it safe and get 2 to start with and if all goes well I'll get a 3rd and a Nerite snail just because i love them. Will freeze fried bloodworm, ant eggs, daphnia and frog pellets work as food? And algae wafers for the snail which I'm sure they will pick at:)

I think I'm gonna go for it :3 although it will be when i move house some time near Christmas, either before or after. Not sure yet. I think i will play it safe and get 2 to start with and if all goes well I'll get a 3rd and a Nerite snail just because i love them. Will freeze fried bloodworm, ant eggs, daphnia and frog pellets work as food? And algae wafers for the snail which I'm sure they will pick at:)

I think you should avoid freeze-dried foods for the frogs, they aren't good for digestion. H&H Frog and Tadpole bites would work well, as well as frozen bloodworms. Not sure about the others. Here's a search result for ADF care and feeding of threads on this topic from this site:

ADF Feeding
ADF Care

Back
Top Bottom