Just a 'woohoo'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saffikeagan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I looked at the dead shrimp floating in my tank today and realized that they looked seriously eaten away. I did an ammonia and nI test my ammonia levels have finally dropped to somewhere between .25-.5 (I can't read that test any more accurately). My nI's are still at .25, but I expect they shall be moving here at any time too.

:) :D :-} :) :D :-}

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

no cigars yet...my nI have been at .25 for probably two and a half weeks not moving an inch...same with my nA--a steady 20. GAH! I added a third raw shrimp cause the other two are so eaten away. Thus my NH levels are back up to 1--only because I increased the ammonia load significantly.

I'm a couple of weeks into a fishless cycle and I have no patience for it. So I am green with envy that your levels are down but at the same time happy for you - Congratulations
My readings are all over the place and I have a growth on my driftwood that - at the rate it's growing - I fear will grow out of the tank as I sleep and consume me.

Congrats on the readings, sounds like your almost out of the woods! :) Patience is all you need and you'll be stocked soon enough.

warped1, you sure its not grape wood? I've heard of some grape woods growing some really long white hairy stuff... good luck! :)

I don't know meegosh - the label that was stapled to the wood said Malaysian - but who knows.
I don't know what grapevine driftwood looks like but if it looks like real grape vines, I would have to say no. This is just a big hunk of wood, no twist and turns like a grapevine
I gonna let ride out in the tank for a while and if it gets too big I have whipped up a batch of my homemade Italian dressing... I may eat it :shocked!:

Woohoo!!! My nIs showed some upward movement today too; they went from a steady .25 to a .5 overnight. From what all I've read it sounds like I'm about a week out now, right?

Sounds right to me - that's the way I read it also
Congratulations (y)
And I'm green with envy - mine is still going through the motions

I am a total :n00b: nerd. I tested my tank tonight cause I just couldn't keep myself from checking it today. I went into every room in the house comparing the colors in the tubes in the different lightings to try to see for sure what my levels are.

Back
Top Bottom