LFS hooked me up and I'm already seeing results.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktulu909

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just left a private owned fish store with a awesome, brown chunk of well used well cycled sponge filter

Took it home, cut it up and placed it in my grey section of my emporer 400 and after a single hour I am seeing traces of nitrates and nitrites when there were previously none. Small ammonia drop too.

Can't wait to test tomorrow and hopefully be able to dose back to 4ppm ammonia. I'm excited now knowing I may not have to wait a month to start stocking :)

After I get it processing 4ppm ammonia in 24 hours how many days should I wait to start stocking?

Once you see the ammonia and nitrite drop in 24 hours I think most would agree to do it one more time to make sure. Then of course I'm sure you know you should do a 90% water change to get those built up nitrates out.

So there was more than bb in that filter media. Shook the filters out tonight in the tank and now I have about 50 new tiny baby snails. Guess I call tomorrow and find out what type he housed in that tank. Looks kinda like MTS

Back
Top Bottom