loaches and snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
do loaches and snails go together?
I have polka dot loaches and was thinking of getting some snails to go in my tank.
I had heard originally that the loaches would pester the snails, but now I don't seem to be able to find that reference. anyone have these two together?

I have a loach and 2 snails and they get along perfect just get slightly bigger snails:)

I have dojo loaches and mystery/trumpet/ramshorns snails and everyone gets along just fine.

well I tried it today. got me some snails and put them in my 5 gallon and 20 gallon tanks. love the little guys so I thought I would give it a try in my 90 gallon (with the loaches)

it all started out very nice. I put the tiger snail (nerite) in there on one of the boats. everyone just swims around like nothing is happening so I think this is going to work out. he moves around and starts doing his snaily thing. then I look over there and one of the loaches is just bugging the heck out of him. I wonder what he will do - will he give up and leave him alone? no... he knocks him off the boat. ok, so then he leaves him alone. I think ok, we will see how it goes from here. so the loach goes his way and eventually the sail comes out and starts snailing again. then the stupid little loach comes over and does it all over again - until the snail lets go and pulls in. then the loach leaves. well, that was enough for me! the snail is no longer in the 90 ... so the moral to the story? tiger snails and polka dot loaches (at least in my tank) do NOT go together

well I tried it today. got me some snails and put them in my 5 gallon and 20 gallon tanks. love the little guys so I thought I would give it a try in my 90 gallon (with the loaches)

it all started out very nice. I put the tiger snail (nerite) in there on one of the boats. everyone just swims around like nothing is happening so I think this is going to work out. he moves around and starts doing his snaily thing. then I look over there and one of the loaches is just bugging the heck out of him. I wonder what he will do - will he give up and leave him alone? no... he knocks him off the boat. ok, so then he leaves him alone. I think ok, we will see how it goes from here. so the loach goes his way and eventually the sail comes out and starts snailing again. then the stupid little loach comes over and does it all over again - until the snail lets go and pulls in. then the loach leaves. well, that was enough for me! the snail is no longer in the 90 ... so the moral to the story? tiger snails and polka dot loaches (at least in my tank) do NOT go together
Thought it would turn out similar. I hope you have better luck in the future! :/

i think I will try ottos to take care of some of my algae... i think my loaches will like them better

i have a tiger blood and zebra Nerita snails in with kuhlii loach and weather loachs and there still there nickel size anything smaller then that tends to vanish?:blink:

lol by hate i meant devoure, consume, terrorize. if they hated them as in didnt touch then i would have some nice snails in my tank!! lol :)

Back
Top Bottom