My Cycle Progess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a good way to keep track. I keep a spreadsheet on my computer too but for water changes and filter cleanings.

The addition of Bio-Spira seems to have worked wonders. With those numbers, it doesn't look like it will be very much longer.

Last night I noticed my Ammonia numbers dropping and decided to check in the morning to see how much it would drop. Well, this morning my ammonia numbers really dropped almost to 0 ppm so I added some more drops to sustain bacteria. Man, these little guys are sure hungry.

How soon do you guys think the numbers on the nitrites and nitrates will drop? I told my daughter maybe we can add fish this weekend.

Nitrites should drop soon, but the Nitrates will continue to rise since that's the end product of the Nitrogen Cycle. Once both the Ammonia and Nitrite are 0 and the Nitrates are rising, you're good to go. Just make sure to do a large water change before adding fish to get those Nitrate levels down.

In a traditional cycle (no seed material etc) I've found it generally takes 4 weeks for the Ammonia to peak and hit 0 and then another 2 weeks for the Nitrites to hit zero. So you're probably about 2/3 of the way through based on this morning's results.

Back
Top Bottom