Need a little advice on new setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antione

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I am new to this for the most part, but ive wanted to setup a nice tank for a while. I have been reading some threads here and have learned much. I am setting up a 125 gallon tank (Freshwater) and need some advice/corrections.

I have:
125 gallon (72" x 18" x 22") tank
1 Tetra Whisper AP 300 pump
1 Rena xP3 filter (up to 175 gal)
2 Aqueon 250W heaters

I am going to buy Python (or equivalent)

Havent decided which fish I will keep yet (still have to research).
Probably a mix of Cichlids, with some bottom feeders and maybe algae eaters (will probably ask about that next).

Understand the importance of cycling so you dont have to sell me there.

Just wanted to know if this set of equipment is good or should I consider something else? (havent used anything yet, can still return to store)

Willing to listen to and evaluate any opinions.

Thanks
Antione

Hi all, I am new to this for the most part, but ive wanted to setup a nice tank for a while. I have been reading some threads here and have learned much. I am setting up a 125 gallon tank (Freshwater) and need some advice/corrections.

I have:
125 gallon (72" x 18" x 22") tank
1 Tetra Whisper AP 300 pump
1 Rena xP3 filter (up to 175 gal)
2 Aqueon 250W heaters

I am going to buy Python (or equivalent)

Havent decided which fish I will keep yet (still have to research).
Probably a mix of Cichlids, with some bottom feeders and maybe algae eaters (will probably ask about that next).

Understand the importance of cycling so you dont have to sell me there.

Just wanted to know if this set of equipment is good or should I consider something else? (havent used anything yet, can still return to store)

Willing to listen to and evaluate any opinions.

Thanks
Antione

Welcome Aboard!

Sounds to me like you're off to a great start.

Happy cycling :D.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/fishless-cycling-for-dummies-103339.html

Thanks Mr Limpet

Equipment sounds good to you? Will the one filter provide enough true filtering circulation for the tank (6ft long)?

I have a fluval fx5 on my 125g cichlid tank. it is truly a piece of art. LOL I love it. It's huge and a little pricey though.

Thanks Mr Limpet

Equipment sounds good to you? Will the one filter provide enough true filtering circulation for the tank (6ft long)?

I think it sounds fine. I have the Fluval 305 (too small for you), but the Rena brand was a recommended canister too, so I think you're OK with that choice and I'm a big fan of over filtration, so you get a +1 on that :dance:.

Thanks Carey
About how many cichlids are in your 125 gal?

Back
Top Bottom