New 20g high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B-Chrono

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I got a free 20g high tank for free off craigslist yesterday. The tank was running and it had 1 lone albino Corydora cat but luckily I already had a group of them in another tank so he was able to settle down quickly. I completely drained the aquarium to remove the gravel and replace it with pool filter sand but I kept the filter media wet so it would have a jump start on the cycle. I'm going to let it run for a few days before testing water and adding fish and plants but I was just wondering what cool fish I could put in this tank. I have Bolivian Rams in another 20 so I was thinking maybe trying the Blue Rams in this one. Pretty sure I'll be picking up 6 emerald corys, not set in stone, but other than that I really don't know what I want in here. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Looks nice!

The footprint in a 20 high is on the small side and your rams will need their space. I'd do 4-5 Kuhli Loaches instead, as they tend to hide/burrow by day and generally stay out of the way. But that's JMO. I'd also get some caves for the fish to hide in.

A shoal of Harlequins or Black Neon Tetras would fill out the top half of the tank nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks nice!

The footprint in a 20 high is on the small side and your rams will need their space. I'd do 4-5 Kuhli Loaches instead, as they tend to hide/burrow by day and generally stay out of the way. But that's JMO. I'd also get some caves for the fish to hide in.

A shoal of Harlequins or Black Neon Tetras would fill out the top half of the tank nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! I was amazed with what all it came with for free!
I've taken the decoration on the right out and put down a flat piece of stone instead... I think it will look much better when that side is planted with the rock there instead.

And I have another 20 gallon high with a pair of Bolivian Rams and a school of Albino Cory cats and they don't seem to bother each other at all!

As for the caves I have some PVC pipe I'm going to cut up and decorate and also the house on the right side of the tank is hollowed out and has many entrances so the fish can hide, that will most likely stay. I'll get some more pictures up with progress in a week or so!

Back
Top Bottom