New to AA: Couple of questions on tank setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slickdc5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I've been searching the forums and had a couple of my questions, but I still have a few more.

First of I have a Jebo 390 tank 55gallons. I don' have any pictures of it at the moments but it looks exactly like this. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/starting-tank-again-advice-please-pics-119907.html

Its been 3 weeks since i started the cycle and I just recently started adding more fish. I started with 3 rosy barbs during the cycle.

My first question is directed to anyone who has the jebo 390. how is the filtration on it? Like i said i've only had this for 3 weeks and so i haven't seen the performance on it with more fish. Its FLmax is at 900L/H.
I also bought a Fluval U4, but i have'nt opened it. I'm waiting to see if i would need more filtration.

I have 2 drift woods with live plants and 2 stoned statues that i got from Guatemala trip. I washed and rinsed them out with boiling water before i put them in the tank just to be sure.
As for what type of fish I have. I decided to go semi aggressive freshwater: 2 pictus catfish, 1 bala shark, 3 tiger bargs, 3 rosy barbs, 3 glass barbs and a pleco. The biggest one being the pleco and bala equal in size which is 4 inches. I've decided to give my pleco away since they will get to huge later on. I've searched more and have read that balas will grow to 14in, but hes not much of a problem since i can still return him.

Anyone think this I should stop here on stocking? Or can I add a i bit more with the added fluval u4?

Welcome to AA! A lot of people one here have more than one filter on their tanks so adding the Fluval won't hurt anything. As for your stocking I would add a few more tiger barbs. They do better in a school of 6 or more, that way they won't pick on any of your other fish. They do have smaller species of pleco that will only grow to about 4-6 inches. You could look those up if you want to have a pleco in your tank.

Welcome to AA! A lot of people one here have more than one filter on their tanks so adding the Fluval won't hurt anything. As for your stocking I would add a few more tiger barbs. They do better in a school of 6 or more, that way they won't pick on any of your other fish. They do have smaller species of pleco that will only grow to about 4-6 inches. You could look those up if you want to have a pleco in your tank.

Okay well I will be leaving in a few minutes to go return the bala shark. He cost me about 10.00 for being 4inches lol. Any who thanks on the advice on the tigers. i will buy 3 more of those. Also looking to buy some frozen brine shrimp cause i read pictus catfish love it. As for the pleco the Petsmart that I go to for fish doesn't have any of those smaller plecos the only one i've seen is the rubber lip pleco which grows to 10inches max. Would that be okay or so just i forget about plecos lol. I don't seem to have trouble with algae but its to soon to be sure. I don't really like buying fish from differnt stores. I like sticking to 1 store as a fish supplier. idono im just weird like that lol and i like the petsmart in Woodland Hills, CA because they keep theyre tanks really clean and i never see dead fish floating around when i go there.

Back
Top Bottom