Noisy Bulkhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StangGuy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I need some help. I have just finished redoing an old 75 gallon tank I got and I am having some issues with my bulkhead. My set up is as follows. I installed an internal overflow box at the top of my aquariums. In this overflow box I have a 1 inch bulkhead that has an elbow screwed into the outside edge. I have 1 inch pipe hooked to that elbow and it flows down to the sump. Now the problem is that this drain system is sucking a TON OF AIR and it is making a loud slurping noise in the overflow box. How can I fix the air in my lines and stop the slurping noise? Thank you for any help you can give me!

Take a look at the Durso standpipes designs and see if you can make that work. single standpipes need some tweeking to avoid the 'flushing' that they can get. Or the stockman design may work, depending on your plumbing in the overflow
My standpipes are the Herbie style and much simpler to 'tune', but they do require 2 standpipes.
God luck

Back
Top Bottom