Oranda Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi today I notices that when my Oranda goldfish went to the surface of the tank to breath all small bubbles were on the wen part of it's head is this bad.

Ok! Well, keep a close eye on him for now and let us know if anything unusual happens (bubbles appear again, he stops eating, starts acting strange or swimming funny....). :)

Well sometimes he stays at the back in one spot but when I go near the tank he starts swimming normally again.

Thanks! Fancies tend to be super sensitive to their water but your numbers are great so thats not an issue. Lets just keep an eye an him (or her)!

The tank is 33g and has 2 air stones and the filter agitating the surface.

Is he by himself? I did want to check on something else-he looks ok today? Are there any sores/ulcers/redspots where the 'bubbles' were yesterday?

No he looks perfectally fine. Except he spends most of his time at the back by himself.

Maybe he needs a friend? 33g is enough for 2 fancy goldfish (but no more!). You could also try rearranging his home a bit or adding some easy-care plants to make more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom