Our new tank, and cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eco23 said:
Fantastic and heart warming story :). Maybe sneak some fish in and put wrapping paper and a bow over the aquarium for her to open when she wakes up on her birthday? Great job sticking with it. I'm happy for you.

That's why I like this forum. Heart warming stories like this.

Mr. Limpet said:
+1

I'm giving you that for mending you ways :D.

What you did at first isn't uncommon, going for a fishless cycle is also uncommon in the big picture unfortunately.

I am guilty of beginners mistakes too.. As almost everyone Knows on AA I have had about 10 fish. All died. Finally I started listening and started my fishless cycle. :)

Good news and bad.

We got the fish today, 6 head and tail light tetras. Unfortunately, the birthday party had to be postponed for a couple of weeks. JB's grandfather (my FIL) passed away yesterday evening. I had to take her to get the fish today, just to get her mind off of everything. I'm sorry to share news like this, but there is a small bright side. Seeing the fish in the tank made her smile for the first time since last night. We'll get more fish next week, but for now, just watching those little fish swim around together makes her feel better.

Attachments

• smile.JPG
    smile.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 81
  • fish.JPG
    fish.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 85
Wow. I am sorry for the loss of your father in law. Very sorry. Hope the fish help all of you to feel better...

Awww... Give JB a hug for all of us. Sorry to hear that. Hope those fish make everyone feel A little better.

JBsDad said:
We got the fish today, 6 head and tail light tetras. Unfortunately, the birthday party had to be postponed for a couple of weeks. JB's grandfather (my FIL) passed away yesterday evening. I had to take her to get the fish today, just to get her mind off of everything. I'm sorry to share news like this, but there is a small bright side. Seeing the fish in the tank made her smile for the first time since last night. We'll get more fish next week, but for now, just watching those little fish swim around together makes her feel better.

And what a beautiful smile it is too. Tell her happy birthday for me and my best wishes to your wife and family

I am sorry for you and your family too.

Jimmy

Thank you everybody. It has certainly been a trying time. Now we have another problem. The fish are dying. I'm starting a new thread since it's not part of the cycling.

Back
Top Bottom