Oven grease in aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yanz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got some rocks for my 55g and I put them in the oven to sterilize. After it was done I took them all out and one of the pieces has a giant blob of oven grease on it. How do I get rid of it safely or can I just stick it in the aquarium?

image-936499057.jpg

Give white vinegar a try. Or you can make a paste of baking soda & peroxide & scrub it. Rinse well. I would not place it in your tank with grease on it.

I read this thread right before I fell asleep last night and then had a dream that a giant glob of olive oil got into my tank and was dripping all over my fish. Nightmare!

Thanks for your suggestions guys! Unfortunately I'm way to lazy to for elbow grease so I used my drill with a masonry bit and drilled off the parts that were gunked up. The oil didn't penetrate very deeply.

I read this thread right before I fell asleep last night and then had a dream that a giant glob of olive oil got into my tank and was dripping all over my fish. Nightmare!

LMAO

Back
Top Bottom