Overfeeding???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jones2w

Aquarium Advice Regular
first off how often should I feed platys and tiger barbs?

I've herd once a day and three times a day?

is there a problem with feeding too much ?

Yes there is problems with feeding too much. One is high nitrates. I feed once a day only as much as the fish consume in a couple of minutes. If you want to feed twice a day, feed less at each feeding.

I usually just feed my fish once a day during the evening.

u wuldnt feed too much. ...other than giving u high nitrates, it'd create another life .. .some tiny hair like worms [were said as nemotodes / nemahelmintes] appeared out of no where when i accidentally scratched my gravel .-_-. besides, it'll make your water murky, and death for some fish, such as angels, since they'll never seemed to be full. . .experienced it all my self.. .now i'm feeding them only once a day. ..not too much either

Yah ur fish will die if u overfeed. U feed then what can they eat for 3 min

bra_van_drakh said:
u wuldnt feed too much. ...other than giving u high nitrates, it'd create another life .. .some tiny hair like worms [were said as nemotodes / nemahelmintes] appeared out of no where when i accidentally scratched my gravel .-_-. besides, it'll make your water murky, and death for some fish, such as angels, since they'll never seemed to be full. . .experienced it all my self.. .now i'm feeding them only once a day. ..not too much either

if you get those hair like worms how do you make them go away ??? I think i have them forming on the walls of my tank

I think I know what you are referring to, but I'm not completely positive. I think without a good food source, they will slowly disappear. Cut back on the feedings and let us know. A picture might help too.

I know I thought about a picture but these things are so small you can barely see them when you are looking right at the tank with the naked eye...I will feed less in the next while and se what happens...thanks

Back
Top Bottom