Platy fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I revamped my 10g newborn tank, cleaned it out really well and released my 6-- six week old Platy fry and 22-- two week old Platy fry...
They're so cute and curious swimming all over the tank... TINYYY little things... Although the 6 wk olds have faint black stripes (their twin bars) coming in. Very sweet and fun :)

how fun! I am thinking i may have to get me a fry tank as well - my molly keeps having babies and she is going to overstock my tank (she probably already has and that is why I can't get this tank to finish its fish in cycle)!!!

HeatherW said:
how fun! I am thinking i may have to get me a fry tank as well - my molly keeps having babies and she is going to overstock my tank (she probably already has and that is why I can't get this tank to finish its fish in cycle)!!!

My fry don't last 24 hrs in my tank with 5 mollies & THE BETTA!
It's nice to have the platy fry in their own tank... I feel more organized.. LOL

I moved the Molly fry that were in my fry tank into the 20gL with my 2 adult platies over this last week.

My fry don't last 24 hrs in my tank with 5 mollies & THE BETTA!
It's nice to have the platy fry in their own tank... I feel more organized.. LOL

I moved the Molly fry that were in my fry tank into the 20gL with my 2 adult platies over this last week.

haha! I just have the one molly in there and a platy - some are eaten but some survive :hide:

HeatherW said:
haha! I just have the one molly in there and a platy - some are eaten but some survive :hide:

5 females are on general rotation... And then I have the platy pair... This is their first two batches.. :)

Back
Top Bottom