Please HELP my brother bought a new fish and doesnt know what it is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We need to feed it and it won't eat anything I have blood worms flakes algae chips and feeders

I do not know its my brothers fish I was not there and he did not get his recipt

HAVAMAL said:
I hate to tell you this but the Oscar will probably kill it.

x2 that fish isn't gonna last long. It's not healthy which means it will become weak and probably sick and then die or become a toy for the big boys.

Bring it back to the LFS.

Really, missing the tail ! Dont you think that could have ben the fish moving his tail when the pic was taken. I really can't see any one buying a fish with 1/4 of it's tail.

It's a Cilchid. Not sure which one though. Is it big? If so maybe a Midas Cilchid but they actually get bigger than Oscar's and are more aggressive, so it's probably not one of these then. Or maybe a Rusty Cilchid, which is a lot smaller maybe 9 or 10 cm.

Btw, you really shouldn't buy a fish without knowing what it is. Asking for a whole load of problems.

chew valley said:
It's a Cilchid. Not sure which one though. Is it big? If so maybe a Midas Cilchid but they actually get bigger than Oscar's and are more aggressive, so it's probably not one of these then. Or maybe a Rusty Cilchid, which is a lot smaller maybe 9 or 10 cm.

Btw, you really shouldn't buy a fish without knowing what it is. Asking for a whole load of problems.

His brother bought the fish not him and it is a cichlid could be ones above ^^. Cool fish though too bad it's missing a whole tail!! Never really saw that before..

thanks all...as posted its my brothers fish i was not with him or i wouldnt be askinng this question...his tank is cycled i take care of it for him....but sadly he is an impulsive buyer it was a return ovbiously its like 7 inches long..., and eating so im not overly concerned but he is fine now... gets along great with the oscars.

Back
Top Bottom