Pleco attacking fish - New need Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My Fish Tank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Sorry im new to this how do i make my own posts for advice? My new plecois attacking my fish idk what to do

What are your water parameters - Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH, temp, general hardness/GH, Alkalinity/KH,

What size is the tank?

When was the last water change?

How long has the tank been set up, and what fish and their sizes are in the tank?

Read the link for the new to fish in my signature it will give you extremely helpful information.

Get Prime water conditioner, watch your feeding so it isn't too much.

I would do a 25-30% water change with temperature matched water, and dechlorinator. Then do another 30% water change pretty much right away.

Save a cup amount of tank water at the beginning before you change the water and mark it as the old water so you know. Test before and after, the water changes.

Fish can get aggressive when the tank parameters are off of a safe level and they can fisht if there are too many fish in too small of tank too.

What variety of Pleco do you have and what variety of fish is he bothering?

Add real wood to tank for him to attach to.
Most plecos NEED wood to aide in their digestion and actually 'rasp' /eat the wood.
He may just be miffed without wood?

Back
Top Bottom