Stabilizing pH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettacove

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there some kinda product I can get to help stabilize my pH? I have some stuff that brings it down, but it keeps going back up! This started after I got this water softner pillow, but it says its supoused to help stabilize the pH....

thanks
ashley

I never suggest products to balance your PH. Nature is your only balancer. If you want it down the only REAL way to keep it down is with Co2 injection and this is really only a good idea if its a planted tank... I dont trust and dont use the PH balancers. As long as the PH is at a steady level your fish will adapt/adjust and be fine. Soem taps just have a high PH... its the nitrites/ammonia and general water quality that should be a concern.

Well my pH is 8.4. I try to keep it at 7.0 but it keeps creaping back up. I can't have it this high because it kills my fry. So is there any other way to keep it stable? Everything else with the water is fine.

thanks
ashley

I use a mixture of my tap water and distilled water along with Proper PH 7.0. It may not be the ideal method of PH control but it seems to work well. :)

Back
Top Bottom