Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Filter Options
Hang on back filter 0 0%
Canister filter 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-12-2022, 08:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Post Tank Setup

Good morning everyone!

New member here but not a TOTAL newbie to the hobby it has just been a number of years since my last tank. My wife had asked me to refurbish my father in laws 1985 hexagonal 28ish gallon tank (if my math is correct).

I am looking for someone who has experience with hexagon style tanks. I know its not the best tank design for fish but its a sentimental piece that I recently restored to have a happy wife, happy life.

My question is due to the more complex design can someone guide me in purchasing a proper filter and any necessary equipment I might need. (Lighting for hexagons, properly sized bubble systems etc.)

- I bought a 20 - 50 gallon hang on pump (was thinking of saving some money) but im now thinking about just going to get a canister due to the depth of the tank and afraid the intake pump won't be long enough to filter properly. I assume its not good for water current to get a filter that's way to big for the size of the tank.

I am also requesting beautiful exotic freshwater species that will benefit most from a hexagonal design. Seeing if someone knows what exotic species will pair best willing to get them imported and not from my petsmart. I want to keep it on a budget but can spare a few bucks to maintain a good ecosystem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3052.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	323419   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3053.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	323420  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3055.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	323421   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3057.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	323422  

Old 05-12-2022, 08:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

oops last picture of one side of the hexagon is 10 inches.

Tags
setup, tan, tank, tank setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com