Tetra 60 whisper filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
I plugged it in and it is making weird noises. Not sure if this is normal or not. Also not sure if there is any parts missing or not. Next time I am out and about I will probably go check out some in the box at the store and see. Any one know anywhere I could find an online manual or assembly list with the parts? It has the tube thing that goes into the water, (not sure what that is called) and there is a dial on top that changes the intake of the water or something. It goes from like pulsating to steady flow. Any thoughts?

i never did have any luck out of the whisper i had... one thing that did make it quieter was actually putting the impeller on the u-tube before putting it in the motor assembly. if you push the impeller in the motor assembly first, it will make racket (or mine did at least)... of course, all HOB's except aqua-clears are loud imo

I've got a Tetra Whisper 60. Lemme take some pics for you.

Here's the whole intake piece, the impeller/motor/etc, and the filter chamber. No media in there atm since it's not even plugged in.

I got mine second hand as well, no real complaints about it.

The biggest shock to me about it was that I had to fill up the filter chamber with water to get it to work. My other HOBs just plug in and filled themselves.

Attachments

• P5160054.jpg
    P5160054.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 81
  • P5160055.jpg
    P5160055.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 100
  • P5160057.jpg
    P5160057.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 99
I had to fill mine too, and last night for some reason it wouldn't work no matter how much I filled it up. I am going to try what rookie suggested, maybe if I can take it apart and do that it will be quiet. I had to hold the impeller tube thing down for it to be quiet. It's not super loud or anything but it could be quieter. Hopefully it's working good now. Thanks guys/gals :)

So I don't know if this filter even works right. I looked over and it wasn't even spitting out water anymore. Will it break if it runs dry? I want to get the water filtering but I don't want to burn the motor out or anything. I think I am going to take it to my fav LFS and see if they might look at it for me.

Back
Top Bottom