Upsizing Tips and Tricks???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdaddy78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay...I am wanting to upgrade my 30g main to a 55 or 75, problem is I need to set up the new tank where the 30g. My questions are will a typical subfloor support a 75g or would a concrete slab be recommended(even with a weight dispersion?) The wall and floor in question are shared in a duplex condo...I don't want issues of neighbors having flooring issues. The stand is dual solid wood(not fiber board) dressers...Would it be best to drain into buckets and pull heaters and air then transfer substrate and plants? Any advice or stories of leap frog or tank exchanges appreciated!

I'd go with the 75, weight permitting. Both are nice upgrades tho. Maybe @Brookster123 will chime in, he's a contractor/carpenter. Just put the fish in a bucket with a working air stone/ pump with existing tank water. Drain the rest of the water. Set up new tank. Transfer substrate, filter etc. Fill with new treated water. Add fish. No need to move old water over to new tank, there's no real benefit. Use old filter media that's in filter to jump start the cycle, or add the media to the new filter for same. I've moved many tanks and fish using this same method, never lost a one

Back
Top Bottom