Water want clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 75 gal tank has been set up for 2 months and I can not get the water to clear up..I have 2 double hang on filters on it with charcoal and polishing filters in each compartment and have changed them regularly . Have also changed the filters 3 times. I have used water clear products and no luck. What am I doing wrong ?

Dont change the filters change the water. What else is in your tank?

I have been doing weekly water changes of 15gal...Sand rock and some cichlids about 10 small ones..

Try larger water changes; 50% or so. 15% probably won't be enough to do any good. Clarifying agents only trap particles, causing them to mostly sink to the substrate, but won't remove them from your tank. Try a 50% water change every other day until your water is clear. Shouldn't take too long.

If you're changing the filter pads constantly you're probably going through mini cycles or bacteria bloom, which can make your water unclear. You'll just want to rinse the pads in any water you take out of the tank during a water change and then put them back in the filter.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, true the above, check out the article here, link is in my signature, it explains the nitrogen cycle basic stuff and more links to other articles as well.

You never need to replace the filter pads (barring illness or meds) until they fall apart. I always add 2 pads if you can get them to fit, in the hang on the back, aka HOB filter. Otherwise a equal size bulk filter pad will also work. If you have the pad with a frame use a second pad without the frame slid behind the pad and the back of the filter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom