Week 3 of my cycle! Waiting....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am on week 3 of my cycle and I am reading 0 on everything ( ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates) can anyone give me any reason of why this may be happening.

My ammonia levels spiked about a week ago, however, I did a large (75%) water change. Is this normal?

Ps I have a seeded moss ball from petsmart.

Is this a fish-in or fishless cycle? Tank size, stocking (if theres fish) and ammonia source (if theres no fish) will help us to help you better! Also, what are you using to test your levels (liquid or strips)?

It's a 29 gal, API master test kit ( liquid), fish-in cycle, 3 white skirt tetras aka glofish tetras and 3 lamp eyes for cycling fish

Make sure you're doing the nitrate test properly. Gotta shake up the tubes individually and when both bottles have been added...

Yea I have, that's why I'm not understanding why it's not cycling properly. I feed the fish every other day about enough food for them to eat in 1 min. Should I bump it up to 3 mins?

I wouldn't add more food, it'll just make more waste. You've already got to much ammonia now.

Back
Top Bottom