What should I do if there are a few dust particles floating on water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Temp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, everyone. First time here, the name is Temp Lee. You may call me Temp.

Anyway, I have already gotten started on cultivating guppies and one 5-inches long common goldfish. They are both separated from each other.

I am worried about dust and clothes lint in my room, thinking that the guppies would choke on it or something if those things were to land in water.

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

well first of all, you might need more surface movement if particles are sitting on the surface. I have never heard of a fish choking on dust.

Nah, they'll be fine don't worry. I keep the fish in the dustiest room in the house (game room) and they're fine.

Lol... particles can gather in the water. Just keep surface agitation going (filtration, an air stone is optional). What size tank is this? Goldfish tend to get pretty big and need lots of room, depending on what kind you have.

Welcome to AA :)

EDIT. I read the quotes wrong.

Does sticking a straw and use a pump to push clean air into the water may fix the problem?

+1 on the water not circulating enough.
You have to think of how the fish would be in the wild, i.e. all sorts of crap falling onto / into the water.

Back
Top Bottom