what to do with this tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

water12

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone, I have an empty 15 gallon high that I have no idea what to do with. I really want it up and running again after upgrading all my fish to a new 37 gallon (I have a thread on that one already). It has black sand and a blue background, that can be turned around so I have a black background and black sand also, but in my 37 the background is black and I want to vary it up. My new tank has a completely natural look so I'm looking for something fun and different in this one. Also I'm really want a betta but my boyfriend seems to think that's a lot of tank for one fish, so if there are any tank mates that would work with a betta, let me know and I'll consider it :) speak your minds and let me know any ideas! I was thinking of incorporating a laughing budda statue as the focal point.

ForumRunner_20120826_173743.jpg

There's no water in it at the moment

There isn't any real guarantee with a betta in a community so it's hard to say. Where 1 betta may do fantastic with one type of fish he may not with another. If you really want to do the betta I'd have a back up plan just in case it doesn't work out with the tank mates.

Personally I think I would try

a male betta with a shoal of dwarf corys.
Or switch out the male to a female and go with a small school of harlequin rasbora.

You could do snails or shrimp, shrimp are hit or miss. Sometimes they become an expensive snack.

I've also read that people have good success with African dwarf frogs and bettas.

As for the tank I've seen some great ones of google with buddha statues worked in. 1 I really liked looked like an underwater forest around the statue with what looked like bamboo. I hear mixed opinions on bamboo in tanks. I think it can be a rather big hassle.

Back
Top Bottom