Already missing a chromi...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I received 5 blue reef chromis yesterday an as of last night one was missing, I thought I'll give it a break to adjust to a new tank. Well, as of now, no chromi still, all others are out and about eating well. All my pumps intakes have a net, so it didn't get sucked in. I have no other fish or inverts that might have ate it. I moved the rocks and re-aquascaped----no chromi. I looked around to see if it had jumped out---no chromi. All parameter are 0 except for nitrates which are 15ppm. What in the world??!!

Same happened to me with my firefish. Hid for 3 days, then came out. If you've checked around your tank, in filters and powerheads... I say just give it a while. You never know. I don't think inverts can devour an entire fish overnight... especially w/o leaving a trace. Good luck! :D

thanks for the hope, I don't even have any inverts yet...this is really really weird :?

Without inverts I'd be wondering! I had a clown disappear once. Never did see it again, but I do have quite a scavenger crew that attacks the remains in my tank so that didn't suprise me as much. I hope he turns up!

Chromis seem to do the disappearing trick. One of my favorite fish scenes is 5 chromis schooling and swimming together. As a damsel you would think they would be easy to keep. IMO I don't think they are. I have not had much luck with them, always buying a small school and watching them disappear one by one. I think that they are very territorial with eachother.

I have never been able to keep my chromis alive either (nor damsels)

It seems the only thing that lives for me is the more hardy, more common stuff like Clownfish, Angels, Gobies, etc

I've had very little luck with chromis. I keep buying them and they just disappear. I have two right now that have hung in there for a while. I'm debating, yet again, on adding a couple more. :?

Well, as of this evening no chromi or body still... All others are eating like crazy. I don't think I'm adding any more of these fish :x

Back
Top Bottom