Anenome Problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HereFishyFishy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a rose bubble tip anenome two days ago, and it looked fine until this morning. Is it sick? What should I do? It's normally much more expanded. It looked like it split into two yesterday, but I only see one today.

anen.JPG

Tank is 110 gallon, 900w metal halides, protein skimmer, 130lb LR, tank has been up over a year, good water conditions (no ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate), salinity 1.025

All water parameters look good (nice coraline growth, by the way). 900watts of MH is a lot of lighting for a BTA. They tend to shy away from intense light. It is not abnormal for anenomes to inflate and deflate. They often look like death on toast, but may just be expelling waste (anenome poop). The fact that you say it looked like it was going to split in two in interesting. BTA are known to split pretty easily in an aquarium. That could be what is happening. It usually takes 18-24hrs for them to split. Give it time and see what happens...Lando

Back
Top Bottom